Our team is committed to your safety. Having strict infection control protocols has always been a top priority for our practice. Everyone benefits from a rigorous preventive program — you and the dental team. Aside from our strict sterilization and infection control protocols, we are adding new systems and procedures to protect patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 and Prevention
Thank you for all you’re doing to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. We want to reassure you that we’re doing our best to keep you safe. We are here to answer any questions that you may have.
Precautions We Are Taking
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, we’re continually updating our precautions. These measures are meant to protect our patients and staff. In addition to following strict sterilization and infection-control procedures, we have established additional protocols to minimize the risk of infection during the pandemic.
Air Quality – Prevention of Potential Airborne Transmission:
- Use an antimicrobial rinse to reduce bacterial and possible viral concentration in the mouth prior to procedures.
- Modification of the intraoral high volume vacuum/suction system to capture aerosols during procedures.
- An extraoral suction device will be used to add a third layer of protection during aerosol-producing procedures.
- A dedicated air filtration system is being installed in the treatment rooms for an additional level of protection. This system will filter the entire volume of air in treatment rooms 15-20 times per hour.
- Electrostatic sprayers will be used to deliver an environmentally friendly disinfectant effective against harmful bacteria and COVID-19 in between patients.
Common office areas:
- Installation of additional HEPA filtration to our air conditioning system.
- Implementation of electrostatic sprayers for sanitation and disinfection of our entire facility. We use a safe and environmentally-friendly product approved by the EPA as effective against COVID-19. The electrostatic delivery system allows us to more efficiently and effectively disinfect treatment rooms and common areas.
- All our clinical staff are required to wear masks all the time.
- We’re also asking patients and companions to wear a mask while in the office because the circumstances in a health facility don’t always allow for social distancing. If needed, masks will be provided.
- Masks protect all of us.
- If you have an appointment and have any symptoms that could be related to COVID-19, please don’t come to the office. Contact us by phone or email to reschedule appointments and to receive guidance.
- We will check the temperature of all patients upon arrival and will screen for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to arrival.
- All staff temperatures will be checked at the beginning of each work day.
Patient Hand Sanitation
- Patients and visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- All patients and visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office, after using restroom and before and after entering treatment rooms.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or reading materials since those items are difficult to disinfect.
- If you need to fill-out paperwork and do not have a pen, a disinfected pen will be gifted to you in the office.
Maintaining Social Distance
- The number of patients in the reception area at any one time will be limited. You may be asked to wait in your car before entering the building.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients.
As you can see, your safety is our priority. We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the changes we are implementing.
Thank you for trusting us with your care!